/ MY HISTORY
A licensed massage therapist, european physical therapist, strength and conditioning coach and expert in manual therapy, Juan Reque earned his physical therapy and sports science degrees from the University of Oviedo and Madrid, Spain. He has done post- grad studies in a variety of areas, including osteopathy, massage, dry needling, kinestiotape, kinesiology and advanced soft tissue techniques. So far he has obtained some notable professional achievements, working as a trainer for the ATP (Professional tennis circuit) medical services, being part of the Spanish national tennis Davis Cup team or by setting up a service network to deal with injuries prevention and treatment. In the past sportspeople like Maria Sharapova, Rafael Nadal, Fernando Verdasco, Sasha Vujacic, Tommy Robredo, Gaston Gaudio or Nicolas Almagro have been evaluated and treated by him. Juan Reque currently resides in San Diego, with his wife and two daughters.
- Active Release Techniques course (2014)
- Course of specialist in Applied Kinesiology (2012-2013)
- CSCS certificate by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (2011)
- Massage therapist – Certificate by the California Massage Therapy Council (2011)
- Bachelors in Sports Science and Education, Strength and Conditioning – University of Madrid, Spain (1991/1996)
- Bachelors in Physical Therapy – University of Oviedo, Spain (1996/1999)
- Course of specialist in sports massage – Madrid, Spain (1995)
- Course of specialist in osteopathy – Madrid, Spain (1995/1998)
/ WORK EXPERIENCE
- Former oficial physical therapist of the professional tennis player Maria Sharapova from 2008 to 2013.
- ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Trainer (physiotherapist) from 2001 to 2006.
- Spanish Davis Cup physiotherapist from 2001 to 2004.
- Spanish Fed Cup physiotherapist in 2001.
- During 2005- 2007 he has worked as a personal physiotherapist for the following players: Tommy Robredo, Igor Andreev, Maria Sharapova, Guillermo Coria, Feliciano López, Rainer Shuettler, Nicolas Kiefer, Paola Suarez, Svetlana Kuznetzova, Michael Youhzni.
- Co-director of the Novoreq academic sports physiotherapy courses.
- Co-founder of the AFDE (elite sports physiotherapy association).
- Physical education teacher at the Spanish Federation.
- Director of the Reque Kilchenmann physiotherapy clinic (Madrid).
- He has lectured in the field of physical therapy, tennis injury prevention and sports medicine.
- He is also the autor of numerous text book chapters and articles related to these topics as well.